Visitors

Friday, January 7, 2011

Seagate dumps on my dreams, Myyearbook a true Waste of Human Baggage, and working sucks, ya know?

I know I don't blog a lot anymore, the reason being work. Having 2 jobs (but only 2 now, thanks to the fact that I have offically left The Clarion student publication at Madison Area Technical College) is really more of a pain than anything. I'm glad to be working more though, and being in this position now, as opposed to 1 year ago when I was pretty ridiculously screwed in every aspect of my life.

Isn't America grand? Going from jobless to overworked and in school full-time in only a year? Amazing, truly. Speaking of school, classes start next Monday, Jan. 10, and I cannot be more excited for all my English classes. They are:

-Writing for New Media, Kassulke.
-Feature Writing, Cupps.
-World Indigenous Languages, Redfield and Ivanova.
-World Issues Journalism, Hansen.
-General Anthropology, Christiansen III.

And yes, another semester and still no Math or Science taken. I'll get around to it.

Life may be good, but it is time to focus on some negatives in my life. Sad, but they're duly mentionable.


On Oct. 13, 2010, I ordered an item off of Amazon.com. I am a frequent customer of this site, and have had very little complaints when using this website. I decided using Amazon as a medium to purchase from Seagate was a good idea, as an Amazon Prime member allowed me to recveive free shipping on my purchase. The item I purchased was:

Seagate FreeAgent Go 1 TB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive ST910004FAA2E1-RK (Tuxedo Black)

From the Seagate Merchant profile on Amazon. This turned out to be a huge mistake, because upon receiving my merchandise and opening it, I discovered that the item does not actually work. The initial file that is supposed to open and install upon the first use was missing, and that it actually cost me money to contact them directly. After a few emails, and a couple of long nights, I merely decided that the $100 that I had spent were gone, and the device useless.


I gave the piece of equipment to a friend, and she said she'd tinker with it and see if anything good could become of it. A sad end to a depressing story.


In other tales, I have been on a constant quest to expand my Social Media knowledge base. From LinkedIn to Blogger, I have been accessing new websites and how they can be used as the world expands more into the digital age.


www.myyearbook.com has an interesting way to interact in Social Media. As opposed to Facebook, it allows for community News Feeds, rather than simply your own social circle, allowing for people to interact with those they've never met before deciding if they want them within their social circle.


However, the site seems to have become the new myspace for teenage internet bullying and sexcipades. Not a day goes by when, accessing the feed, I find a "Me so horny" or "I'm alone, text me" at least 10 times on the feeds, leading me to believe that the myyearbook staff doesn't care that this is a breeding ground for sexual predators.

Well folks, I'm off to work. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment